MY BLOG (itmm 102 A)

Digital Multimedia

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Journal and My Learning Experience

A Review of Multimedia Industry in the Philippines:



eBay Launches Service for the Philippines



eBay, the World's Online Marketplace, has announced the launch of eBay Philippines (www.ebay.ph), a new localized website designed to allow individuals and small businesses in that country to trade goods and services online.

The website is in English and allows members to buy and sell items using the Philippine peso. The site also features a simple format that allows new users to quickly and easily learn the eBay way of trading. Individuals and small businesses can list and sell their items on eBay.ph at no charge.

"The launch of eBay Philippines brings our successful online marketplace to a growing Internet market in Asia," said Bill Cobb, senior vice president of eBay International. "eBay's global community already includes many thousands of members in the Philippines, and we are happy to provide them with their own dedicated website." (Belproject)

Still in the early stages of development, online shopping in the Philippines is growing quickly. According to IDC's Internet Commerce Model (January 2004), business-to-consumer e-commerce is expected to grow from $828 million in 2004 to $2.9 billion in 2007. The launch of eBay's local website will allow the company to better serve its members in the Philippines, providing greater opportunity for local buyers and sellers to come together, build new local trading communities, and help expand the country's e-commerce. (Belproject)







IT in the Philippines




Information Technology (I.T.) has become the most popular industry in the world, one that is full of potential with vast improvements achieved every day. Information Technology has also evolved into a labour intensive and technical industry deeply engrained into our daily lives.

I.T. is defined as "the integration of hardware so it could be used for mass communication" by Ismael Angelo Jr. currently a 4th year student studying at Ama computer college. Another student, Gail Manuel, 5th year student studying at Ama Computer College quotes "If you don’t get into I.T., you will be left behind".

The Information Technology sector of the Philippines is focused around telecommunication, e-commerce, fibre optics, Internet, hardware and software. The Philippines has much to offer in the field of technology including qualified I.T. professionals. There is great potential for expansion in the Philippines due to the current underdevelopment. (Forbes G.)



www.Bigoo.ws


www.Bigoo.ws


www.Bigoo.ws


www.Bigoo.ws


www.Bigoo.ws


Visit these IT Sites:

Belproject.com/IT-Rewiew

IT in the Philippines

A Taste of the Philippines

Learning Experience:

My learning experience for this week: I have too many wonderful experience that happened to me about this subject ITMM; Knowing the meaning of multimedia, the elements of multimedia, the importance of it and also to us, and other. I learned to create my own Blog or personalized my own Blog using Blogger.com. Honestly this is my first time to create my own Blog. Posting some wonderful news event especially posting my favorite video clips, and share.... I am happy that I've learned it and love it! hehe:) personalized my own Blog and other :) . Creating HTML code/file is also my favorite part of ITMM, because of this I can now create my own HTML page(wow!)..and honestly! my first time to make/create HTML code and learned the way of making a Web (place a picture, some text, clips, insert links and other). It is fun to do it because it gives you challenge when doing a html code, visualize the output, and design so that it will look good. Practice is important, and gain more kwoledge so that it will come up perfect and excellent..hehe. That's all for now!....;p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home